Thursday 14 July 2011

A.Bad.Day.Gets.Worse

 There you a train delays. I haven't seen you in a while. Or maybe I see you so often that I don't notice until an extra special delay like today.


Actually come to think of it this isn't that bad at all.  I was working late today (a rotten day that started a little early and ended a little late) so I was never going to make my usual train home.  This was a good move though I didn't think so at the time. You see my usual train was delayed by over 20 mins getting into the station, and that is why I feel like a sardine right now.

I'm on the train that is scheduled to leave 20 mins behind the usual and today this train has collected a few, actually, quite a few more anxious commuters.  It's every man for themselves today and I was one of the lucky ones to get a seat. I may be squished with a few hands attached to my head rest, and arms uncomfortably close to my face, but at least I'm not standing.

My intention was to try to meet up with one of my train buddies for some conversation / gossip on the ride home. Sadly we have resorted to texting each (from separate cars) about our plans for the evening and talk of how crowded the train is. Still, at least I'm not standing.

All I can really hope for right now is that someone doesn't cut the cheese. Imagine if you will.  You're on an uber full train. The air is on but so is the body heat. And then the unthinkable happens; someone let's one rip. Talk about nasty. Anyway, I'm just hoping that doesn't happen right now.

The only thing left for me to he worried about is getting out of the parking lot.  I have to do so without flipping anyone the bird or getting into an accident. This could proove difficult with all the extra folks. Not to mention their knickers are all ready in a twist for having to board a later train or stand up for an hour. This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment