Saturday 28 May 2011

I.Am.Not.A.Fan

Tonight (Friday) I'm learning something new about myself.  I am not a fan of the Blue Jays. I'm not fan of Kid Rock. And I am also not a fan of commuting with those who are.

It's 10:43 pm and the train is packed. Normally a full train doesn't bother me but for some reason it is right now. I think it has something to do with the fact that these people aren't the types that I'm used to.

Hmm maybe that last statement sounds snotty. What I'm trying to say is that the folks that ride the train at this hour are not the businessman/business woman type. We have some Ginos and Ginas. Sports fans, well, Blue Jays fans at that. Older couples, younger couples, and of course, some rowdy teenagers.  It's a culmination of loud conversations and odd smells. Yep it smells in here. Cologne, hotdogs, beer and people's takings from their dinners out.  I'm not entirely blameless; I too have some leftovers from Jack Astor’s keeping me company.

Totally off topic but I would like to note that my dinner out was fantastic!  My cousins sure are a good time.  I heart.
Barefoot and all!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to Saturday morning (and yes, I'm going to work on a Saturday. Boo to that.). 

Now this is a kind of commuting that I could get used to. There are only a handful of other passengers and I have a whole set of 4 seats to myself!

I don't have to share my arm rest with anyone, my purse has its own seat, and so do my feet.  Ahhh it’s so comfortable. I think I'm going to take this opportunity to have a nap and dream about how I can make all my commutes as enjoyable as this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment